Friday, November 5, 2010

Conference

Well Overall Matthew is doing well in school. He did not go to school last year and ALL the other kids in his class did, so teacher thought that he was a little overwhelmed since this was his first year in school.
WAIT...
WHAT???
I didn't know I was supposed to start him at 3 years old or he would get overwhelmed, I still thought he was too little this year, But thank God I started him this year instead of waiting until next year.
She also thinks that there might be a hearing problem, she will call his name and some of the other kids will too and he wont respond. So I will need to get that checked out. I thought so a while back too, and wasn't sure, but I played around with it tonight and I think it is more of an attention span thing then a hearing thing so not sure how that all gets figured out, but he could hear me even when we were in separate rooms and I was talking soft, HE WAS PAYING ATTENTION. When he would go off and NOT want to pay attention he, i think, CHOSE not to hear what I was saying.
But I will look into it. I am sure his Doc can test and let us know whats up.
I think he just needs to pay attention better.
That was about it that he needed to work on, on and he cant write his name legibly. We will work on that tomorrow. Mrs. Leonard said that Matthew is VERY smart and that if he pays attention in circle time he will easily EXCEED the other kids in the class, I am such a PROUD Momma!!!!!
Anyway, I think that the xbox time needs to be limited to an hour a day or an hour every other day and MAYBE a little longer on weekends, but I think it is taking attention away from school, and somehow I need to show that there is nothing that is MORE important then School, aside from his relationship with God.
So we will follow up with the hearing thing but I really don't think that is the issue, and OH WAIT, No insurance for another week or so.... I switched companies and it is taking FOREVER to get approved, but that is another story which I am sure I will be writing on soon as it is KEEPING ME UP AT NIGHT!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for Matthew, and yes he is very smart at his age! I have to agree on the choosing to hear you business, but then again just having it checked out is a good idea... I guess they do start kids in pre-k @ 3 these days, very interesting. Big hugs to you and Matthew for being so awesome!! Love ya!

Mrs. Wilson said...

Congrats on the first parent/teacher meeting!! It sounds like he is doing really well. I wish I had the courage to put my almost four year old in school, I just dont want to let him grow up yet! I hope the hearing checks out okay!