Thursday, June 18, 2009

New Puppy


So My husband and I decide to get Matthew a puppy for his third birthday...We talk and decide long before the search began that we were going to get a Jack Russel Terrier. That's it, the decision is made! Should be Easy right?


Nope, we went to the Humane Society of Redmond because I am a HUGE Believer in Rescuing the animals that are there, But we did have some criteria that needed to be meet to fit into our family.


The people at the SPCA in Redmond were not happy people and not very friendly at all, they did not like the fact that we wanted a younger dog, it did NOT have to be a BABY but I couldn't adopt a 8 year old dog that was not going to grow up with Matthew after all it is his puppy....


So we leave and go to the Humane Society in Bend because they said over the phone they had a lot that was 2 and under, so we thought we would find what we wanted there. We get there, and NOPE, all pit bull mixes.....cant do a pit bull in Deshcutes county unless you prove Home ownership, And nope we rent....So we leave there disappointed, and Matthew getting impatient.


So we get home and go thru the paper AGAIN, we ruled out the Hound dogs that they had listed because we thought they would be loud and howl a lot-you know like in the Disney movies....LOL... I see the add again, and thought well lets just go look, its not about me its about what Matthew wants.


We get to the guys house, which is THREE BLOCKS from my house....(yea, I drove all the way to bend earlier) The pups were all sooo cute.....but the one that grabbed our hearts was the first one that came tumbling out of the pen first...Yep Clumsy little Hound dog, with log ears to trip over....That was our baby....


After much debate on price, (I was not paying 200.00 for a dog) we settled and we left with out dog and dog food, for half the asking price. (yay me) We get in the car and Matthew has been given a few options for a name..........Before we travel the LONG three blocks home Our newest family member has a NAME!


Daisy! Yep its a hound dog!!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

CONGRATS on the new addition. We are thinking of getting a puppy when the baby gets older. I bet she is adorable. Welcome to the blog world!:)

Christina