Well, I have lots of things to talk about but lets start here.
Recently Matthew started complaining about his tummy hurting, all the time. Mostly after he ate, but all the time. So I thought that maybe I better get it checked out. So off to the doctor we go.
Of course this is not something that can just be diagnosed by looking, so they had to draw blood and man I hate that!!! It kills me to see him jump and then cry, he hates having blood drawn.
Two days to wait for blood work, while at home giving no dairy products, cause it could be a food allergy an watching all that he eats to see if anything effects it more, then others....
We get the call, Doc starts off with all the great things, Great kidney function, great liver, great blood counts both white and red, and no infection or bacteria, YAY but wait, A1C blood sugar is running high so guess what, your 4 year old can be experiencing Neuopathy as in his stomach. We need to get the blood sugars lower and NOW. So once again insulin changes food changes, more activity.
The good news it that once the blood sugars are under control the Neuopathy can go away, so we are working hard. Blood sugars have been low since doc called and we have to redo blood work in about 4 weeks......
What a brave little boy i have, he has been thru more then any 4 year old ever should have to go thru!
No comments:
Post a Comment