Friday, August 19, 2011

Lessons??

I write tonight with a heavy, saddened and a little angry heart tonight. With the tragic event the happened this morning, I find it hard to keep the faith and stay true to what I believe, ya I have said I am praying for comfort for the family and all those involved, but man how do you stand by that when you just don’t see the “lesson”!!

A 7 year old boy is dead today and I am bothered by it for many many reasons.  ONE, I am a mom and could not even imagine, I don’t want to imagine.  I would die too if that was my boy.  TWO, as a religious person, I find myself questioning….I have believed and been told most of my life that everything happens for a reason and that there is some lesson to be learned and God will walk you thru it….Really??? How does a mom bury her child? How do you not be angry that God took a child too soon? How do the two brother move on after watching their brother get ran over by a full size Dodge pickup?  Where do we see God in these events?  Please don’t get me wrong I am not trying to be sacrilegious or completely abandon my faith, but I couldn’t do it!!! How would I even go on if that was my baby?

I don’t necessarily have a direct connection to this family, I went to school with them and maybe I am a third cousin but didn’t know the boy and have lost touch with them over the years, so I am not upset necessarily because I knew these people., just thinking of the situation and if those were my kids out there this morning. I just feel so bad, I wish there was something that I could do.  But there isn’t, no matter what no one can bring that little boy back.  A part of me feels bad for the driver too, while he should have been watching he will live with that the rest of his life too. He took someone’s little boy from them…..

Uggg I am just upset and needed to write about it I guess… I don’t understand why God would take a mothers little one from her, but I still will pray that somehow someway ALL involved will find some kind of comfort somewhere.

No comments: