Sunday, July 26, 2009

Childhood

When is it that we loose that child inside? I think about this today as I swing at the playground with my little guy.
As I swing Higher and Higher today I start to remember things from My childhood, and I think to my self...
Self...
When was the last time you swang on a swing?
You know I can not remember the last time that happened. As I race Matthew accross the football feild headed to the jungle Gym I thought, you know... there is no one here lets have some fun....We race up the stairs, Matthew laughing the whole way, we race down the slides
1...2....3....Go!
We run back and do it all again.
We talk in the little play ground telephones...Remember that game...WOW!
We lay in the grass and on the slide and stare up at the sky we pointed to the airplane flying above and made shapes out of the clouds, what a peicefull day this was.
So as I close the day and think about the events today I wonder agian, when is it that we loose that type of fun, that type of energy and that type of innocence?
Is it High school, College, the work place?
I had the most fun today with my toddler then I have had in a very long time, and MAN oh Man do my muscles hurt....LOL.

No comments: